Hey guys!

Hey guys! it's Darrren! Just a reminder that the subscription box is RIGHT on the RIGHT! And it's always easier to check your email for updates rather then check this website everyday, but I'm just letting you know!
-Darren :)




Increasing Your Site Traffic: Part 2

Filed Under (,,,,, ) by Ivan on Thursday, February 25, 2010

Posted at : 9:58 PM

The reader asks, "Okay, now I have made sure the content of my posts contain valuable content. What else can I do to increase my site's traffic?"

For part 1 click here

2. Knowing Who You're Writing For

When you make a post, do you ever think about who you are writing to? Do you make a post not realizing that you are NOT just writing to advance to the top of a search engine list, there are actually living people who read your post!

As you make your post, always make sure that you know who you are writing for. If you want to write for search engines, so be it! The truth is, in my opinion, I think that it is worth more to write for actual people than to write to a search engine.

When I write things in my posts, I mean it. Quality, not Quantity. When I make my posts, I usually take a long time working on it, usually at least half an hour. I do this because I care about what I write. I want my readers to be able to learn from my posts, and apply it into their posts! Another thing is that this also builds up the connection between the two of us: You, as the reader, and Me, as the author.

There is no reason for a blogger to violate the trust of his/her readers. Even though, I might advertise some products later on, but they will be there only if I have tried it, and strongly agree that you should try it too. Sure, it might be easier for me to just place various ads around the blog and advertise random products that I don't know of, but that will not help me on the long run. It might be an easier way to make money on the short-run, but it is definitely not worth it to violate the trust of your readers for a couple of bucks.

In the end, it is extremely important that you write to the human beings that read your posts, not the computers. By writing solely to your readers, they will like you and trust you, referring you to their friends and colleagues. In no time, you will have a high-traffic site and also be loved by your readers.